Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My previous post

I just posted an article about a disaster open adoption. Believe me when I tell you there are more possible things that can and sometimes will go wrong than we can imagine. Just to clarify what I believe needs to happen compared to what was sold to this girl as open adoption. My belief is that if a person is going to adopt a child that they need to be choosen by a natural mother that finds things that they may have in comman. I believe those parties need to meet, spend time together and truly love one another, relize how important it is to have all of these people in this childs life. I believe if adopted parents don't feel that way toward the natural parents or if they feel fear, selfishness, jealousy of the natural parents or visa versa this move should NOT be made. Now of course some people are going to pretend to feel one way to get what they want and then change their mind... This is why the laws need to support whatever the agreement was that the parties came up with before birth.
The adopted mother on this story sounds like a very greedy, selfish person. I'm so sorry for the natural mother that lost her heart and life behind all of this. The stats saying 80% end up closed makes me sick in my stomach. It is NOT ok to lie to a natural mother than leave her out there like that...what I would like to say though is for the 20% that are going as planned...how great is it for their children that they are growing up not wondering and feeling true love from all parties. How many natural mothers committed suicide just over wondering...we would never hear that story.
This story is sad and proves how much needs to change...but can't we see the little change that is happening is great for those children!!
Shannon

No comments: