Monday, January 16, 2006

Natural Mothers that Hate what I'm doing!!

I'm shocked!! I keep getting responces from bitter birthmothers (natural mothers) that think I'm the enemy. Check this out:

" completely disagree with your mission statement. To further educate yourself regarding the truth about adoption and the lifelong damage that it causes I suggest that you visit a few more websites that do not advocate the theft of children from their natural mothers. Adoption has nothing to do with love. Adoption advocates are greedy and selfish - not loving!"

"Oh I see...I read more. You are in favor of separating more families, if possible.

Please just keep your survey. "

I can't believe this, it makes my stomache hurt. As if I, a child of a unhealthy adoption, don't know anything about the damage adoption creates!! THATS THE POINT OF WHAT I'M DOING!! Or what is that I'm "IN FAVOR OF SEPARATING MORE FAMILIES"

Anyone have any idea how someone would get that type of impression from my blog? I don't get it???

This the thing, those are both (I'm guessing not sure) Bitter Bitter birthmothers (natural mothers) that were forced into placing their children and they can't believe that some people make that choice on their own and it is the best choice, it's as if they think all children should just stay with their families. If that is the case....CHECK OUT THE FOSTER CARE SITUATION!! We need these children to be in healthy open adoption that the law supports PERIOD!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to wonder how much respect I am suppose to give people who disrespect me by saying no one who loves their child and isn't forced would place their child in an adoptive home? I placed my child.. or to say I don't know anything about the pain of adoption... I lived this I was beat as a child for asking about being adopted I KNOW ABOUT THIS and I'm feeling very disrespected. I said these women are bitter and you know what THEY ARE. I'm sorry!! But if you are so mad about what happened to you in the past that you won't even listen to someone who agrees with you I call that "bitter" I wrote one post asking how these woman could say these things about what I'm saying, which happens to be positive things and happens to support alot of what they say. I get back info about me being disrespectful, me needing to grow up. I don't know I guess so. I have every other post on her about positive things and the most responce I get is not on my positive posts supporting me but instead the one comment I made about people who were being rude to me. I said 2 times that these people where bitter...where was all the ""bitter" and other disrespectful, rude and 'off the mark' name calling"....Did I miss that? Bitter 2 times in one post...what else did I do wrong? I'm done with this...I will not respond again to any of these negative things. This is my first week trying to spend alot of time on here and really share my positive energy about this and I am NOT going to allow all of this to drag me down.

Soo....if you do not like what I'm doing...Sorry--- I have great passion for it. Do me a favor and read what I'm saying before you respond or just don't. There are people who need to hear what I'm saying so that we can make things better for these children.

Jon Keto said...

A lot of the negative responses you are receiving sound as if these people are not considering a large portions of adoptions, for example adoptions from other countries.

Lets take China, for example, a country where in 1968 the one child policy was fully implemented as a method to control population growth. At the same time the country was heading towards a market economy while enstating new systems to control where people could and could not live. This all meant that the livelihoods of many older people were in jeopardy and the only way to ensure a stable future was to have more children to work in the fields or factories. But this was not possible, so unfortunately girls were considered bad because they would not be able to make enough money working, so they were abandoned. This still happens today to many Chinese girls along with children born with disabilities. Anyways, not to digress too much, these children do need someone to love them because their parents certainly did not love them enough to raise them or have the means to raise them.

I wholeheartedly support anyone who is willing to adopt a child.

The important thing here is that you are sharing your experiences with adoption, allowing many of us to see a side of adoption that is not seen too often. I think that is great.

Regardless of how you come across in your blog, everyone has feelings, everyones feelings get hurt, someone will always disagree with you and some will always agree with you. The internet lets people act 'holier than thou' and it lets people say things they may not normally say, so just take these attacks with a grain of salt and keep on sharing these experiences if it is something healthy for you to do.