Tuesday, January 10, 2006

She's 14 now

She's 14 now ----She's in high school now.

I was in high school when I had her!!

She is healthy and happy

She’s in school activities and sports

She has a lot of friends and is confident

She is proud and she is adopted

She has two mothers

She loves me and I love her!

When I was 14...

I was skipping school and failing classes

I was confused and depressed

I had no activities or interest

I couldn't make friends I had no confidence

I was embarrassed that I was adopted

Ashamed, I thought that my mother didn't want me

My family was different than me-I was different than them

I felt alone---I knew I would find my family and find out why

It's clear to me the benefits to open adoption

The damage closed adoption has on an adoptee is also clear

1 comment:

Amyadoptee said...

Sweetie they find us and they love us but it is in their own time as well as God's or at least that is what I am told